You can now give to MEBO by shopping with AmazonSmile and PayPal.
The Bible says that the whispered prayers of God’s children are effective to bring about change. Prayer is a discipline and a pleasure. It is a true and enduring service, and its impact is far-reaching. Prayer is a very real way to intervene on behalf of the vulnerable and marginalized, to help uphold those serving and to align our hearts with God’s heart.
We want to equip you to pray strategically for our partners in Lebanon.
Throughout the summer months, pray strategically for:
- Camps for refugee children, orphans, and other Lebanese kids, created by Baptist Children and Youth Ministry (BCYM) and staffed by volunteer teams from Western churches
- The Middle East Consultation at the Arab Baptist Theological Seminary (ABTS) gathering church leaders from the Arab World and the global Church each June
- The needed resources for MERATH (Middle East Revive and Thrive) to continue its distribution of much-needed aid to refugee families in Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq
Each fall, we encourage you to pray for the educational expressions of ministry in Lebanon:
- For students, faculty, and administration at Beirut Baptist School (BBS)
- For the SKILD (Smart Kids with Individual Learning Differences) team and its presence in local public and private schools
- For the Arab Baptist Theological Seminary (ABTS), as classes resume and new students seek visas that are often difficult to obtain
- For educational projects designed to serve refugee and stateless children throughout Lebanon
In the winter, intercede on behalf of:
- Refugees and other families who are vulnerable to flooding, snow, freezing temperatures, and increased illnesses
- The publishing team at Dar Manhal al-Hayat (DMAH) as they decide what resources to translate and publish for the Arabic world in the coming year
- Christmas outreach programs across Lebanon with Baptist Children and Youth Ministry (BCYM)
As spring arrives, pray about the needs of:
- ABTS students as they plan and prepare for summer ministry or post-graduation transitions to service around the Arab world
- The advocacy efforts of SKILD, especially through the ground-breaking National Day for Students with Learning Difficulties in Lebanon